SEX TRAFFICKING SUPPORT GROUP
BRIDGES TO CHANGE/ANOTHER LEVEL SEX TRAFFICKING PROGRAM
Due to new hours this group has been canceled until further notice.
" FIERCE FAMILY FASHION SHOW "
Where: The Miracles Club 4200 NE MLK BLVD Portland OR 97211
When: August 10, 2019 at 5:00 pm to 9:00 pm
· Rena Williams CRM Another Level Sex Trafficking Program
· Chris Scott MSW The Hip-Hop Social Worker
· KaycieAnne Gerhold Women’s Achievement Collaborative
RAFFLE off GIFT BASKETS
CANDY BUFFET / BALLOON TWISTER FOR KIDDO’S
DANCE TO FOLLOW DJ Kenneth S.
Educational literature with peer support facilitated by CRM specializing in Human Trafficking.
· My 1st trick was with a café manager on SW 6th in downtown Portland. A sense of power and validation came over me with the easy money, sex and attention and with that I found my calling “in the life “.
· I lived through the violence, through the drugs to cope, running from other pimps who tried to “catch “ as they called it when they drug you and then own you . Eventually I had a pimp who was 30 years old and was with for a couple of years.
· My life of prostitution on the streets slowed down with multiple arrests. The last arrest was 5 charges, 2 of felonies, carrying drugs, promoting prostitution and 3 counts of prostitution. I was looking at 2 years in prison. Lawyer and judge put me in Portland Job Corps through the government. If I was terminated or quit I would of went straight to prison to serve my sentence. It did not stop the behavior of taking 4 regular tricks I had to keep me with having to keep money. After leaving my pimp he got through security at Job Corp and brought a pistol and was going to kill me. He got away obviously because I am still here !
· Throughout the 80s I survived a failed marriage of domestic violence but continued to have regular clientele of tricks no matter where I lived or what I was doing.
· In 1988 I moved from California to Portland again and got addicted to crack cocaine. got clean in 1994. While clean I found out about my other addiction to money or the other” behavior” and personally chose to enroll at Council for Prostitution Alternatives in 1996 with a couple of years clean. I attended for a year faithfully, graduated and never turned another trick EVER!
· I learned that it was not my fault as a minor. I learned that I did not haft to feel guilty or be ashamed of myself.
· Due to another failed marriage, due to the relapse of alcohol abuse, I left and divorced after 15 years of marriage, got sober and at 4 years clean in a 12-step program I decided to start a support group just for survivors and victims of sex trafficking. I listened and watched in the fellowship and heard the hidden issues. But foremost I understood it!
· Another Level Sex Trafficking Program was created by myself and others . After attending University of Oregon Human Trafficking course in the SAPP Dept, I obtained a training with Homeland Security/DHS in Human Trafficking and with a Certified Peer Recovery Mentor through ACCBO I put the Human Trafficking credentials behind it. I also attend the Multnomah County Sex Trafficking Meetings . I attend the CPC meetings at the north portland police department . ANOTHER LEVEL provides services for Straightway Services as providing education to our youth well as working with clients in our Saturday night and Monday morning support groups funded through Bridges to Change!